The Life & Justice campaign
What is the Life & Justice Campaign?
The Life & Justice Campaign is a program co-sponsored by the Diocese of Kansas City—St. Joseph Human Rights and Respect Life Offices through which our faithful have the opportunity to support local organizations dedicated to defending the dignity of the person and the sanctity of human life.
How does the Life & Justice Campaign work?
- Donations may be made to the Life & Justice Campaign at any time. A special second collection is taken up in parishes throughout the diocese in the month of August.
- Applications for grants may also be submitted at anytime. To be considered for a grant in a given year, applications must be received no later than Dec. 31 of the previous year.
- All grant decisions are made locally in the month of March by the diocesan Life & Justice Campaign Committee.
- 100% of all donations received by the Life & Justice Campaign each calendar year are distributed locally.
- Only organizations that meet all of the published criteria are eligible to receive a grant.
- Every organization that meets all of the criteria receives a grant based on a weighted rating scale.
- Grant recipients are invited to an awards reception in the month of May where they have the option to discuss and to display information about their organization for the rest of the recipients.